Thursday, August 4, 2011

Second Chances

For those of you who have already gotten married -- if you had a chance to do your entire day over (keeping the same partner, of course!) what would be the one thing you would absolutely NOT change?

For me, this is super easy! I would hands-down pick my invitations every time! They were exactly what I wanted.
My Invitation!
photo by Ned Jackson Photography
When I first started planning my wedding, I would look through magazines and pick out photos of things that caught my attention or inspired me in one way or another. When it was time to meet with the florist or the baker, I would pull out all the images of bouquets or cakes that I had, and bring them to the appointment with me. When it came time to meet with the woman about stationery, I only had one image for invitations. The image I found in a magazine was a small picture of just the corner of an invitation by Monique Lhuillier and I knew I needed to have that invitation! I never flipped through the books or even glanced at any other invite.
Monique Lhuillier Fine Paper Collection
 
Today, I still have my wedding invitation on display as it makes me so happy to look at it. It says a lot about who I am and what type of wedding we had.  I think it is important for your wedding invitations to set the mood for your guests about what they are to expect for your wedding.
Let me know what you would do the exact same if you had the chance? Or, what ideas would you steel from a wedding you attended? xox - mrs. p.

No comments:

Post a Comment